Last week I shared with you some brilliant resources for upping your workshop game and delivering a productive creative brainstorm.
Today we’re going to look at how to brand your business by running a simple branding workshop.
The aim is to understand the impression your business creates and to generate some priceless insight to help you bottle your brilliance.
But before you can dig into what you want your brand to be, you first have to agree what a brand IS.
My post “What is branding anyway?” is the perfect primer, but to sum it up:
“A brand is a set of impressions that live in people’s minds”
The exercise I’ve outlined in the video above really brings this to life.
It always reveals how nuanced every brand is and just how important it is to become clear and purposeful about the impressions you give.
Brand Perception Exercise
This simple exercise will help you narrow down a little deeper on the impressions your brand creates now:
1) Split people into pairs to run this as a “Pair and Share” exercise.
2) Set a timer for 10 minutes and ask everyone to write down a list of organisations in your industry that they think have a good personality. Then brainstorm why they identify with them and what your brand has in common with them, or not!
3) Now set a new timer and ask everyone to write a list of organisations in your industry they’re not so keen on. Ask them to discuss how your business differs.
4) Now bring everyone together feed back their ideas and insights.
5) Are there are any common threads? Open up a new group discussion to create a list of your brand’s strengths, weaknesses and challenges. If necessary, you can use the sticky dot voting exercise to get consensus on the most important factors.
Don’t forget that the true aim of any workshop is to create a space where your collective genius can flourish.
This will help you to uncover those special attributes that make you unique in your space. As well as the areas you need to work on with your brand strategy.
But before you start rebranding, dig deeper into the heart of why your brand matters by joining me NOW in this virtual brand workshop: Build a Stand-Out Brand With Little To No Money
And if you pop back next week you can grab another simple workshop tool to help you bottle your brilliance. See you then!